Today, 80% of the Internet users are located in developed countries. The 2002 Conference organized by WebForce International aimed at addressing all aspects of the so-called "digital divide".
Main topics of the conference agenda:
- Building a humanitarian digital infrastructure. Dynamic communications base.
- Reaching universal and equitable access to the information society.
- Recycling and re-using computers Collection & distribution systems.
- Developing services and computer applications (open source) to reduce poverty. Worldwide re-distribution of computers
- User needs to access to a global world.
- Defining a framework to help southern countries.
- ICT, education and telemedicine. Theory based on low-cost systems.
- Each of these broad themes will be considered in regard to development and economic, politic, social, cultural and technological aspects.
Welcoming, reception, information desk.