ICVolunteers Projects Calendar
2009 (25 projects)
- 10 December 2009 — Project 2048: Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Earthfocus, in collaboration with ICVolunteers, is organizing a Youth Debate around Project 2048: How can we make the Universal Declaration of Human Rights more relevant towards current issues? Which articles should be revised or added?.
- 03 December 2009 — Volunteering Opportunities in Geneva
Are you new to Geneva? Are you between jobs right now? Do you need something more fulfilling in your life? Why not attend our next forum, "Volunteering Opportunities in Geneva" on 3 December 2009.
- 01 - 03 December 2009 — Eurasia International Digital Exchange and Advocacy Network
CIVICUS is the World Alliance for Citizen Participation is an international alliance of members and partners which constitute an influential network of organizations.
- 26 November - 23 December 2009 — Human Action International
Human Action International est une association humanitaire qui offre des chaises roulantes et des moyens auxiliaires Ã des personnes handicapÃ©es qui non pas de moyens.
- 19 November 2009 — Think Future, Volunteer Together
The European Volunteer Centre (CEV) is a European network of currently 74 mainly national and regional volunteer centers and volunteer development agencies across Europe, that together work to support and promote voluntary activity.
- 17 November 2009 — Internet Governance Forum
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Objective of the Coalition:Created at Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Rio de Janeiro (2007), the Dynamic Coalition for Linguistic Diversity of the IGF brings together actors interested in and working on the issue of linguistic diversity in cyberspace.
- 15 - 20 November 2009 — General Assembly of the International Co-operative Alliances
The International Co-operative Alliances is an independent, non-governmental organisation which unites, represents and serves co-operatives worldwide.
- 01 October 2009 — Music as a Vector for Environmental Awareness
Under the patronage of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and with the support of the Swiss National Commission for UNESCO, the Melody for Dialogue among Civilizations Association (www.
- 29 - 30 September 2009 — Symposium International sur le Multilinguisme dans le Cyberespace
Le Symposium International sur le Multilinguisme dans le Cyberespace est construit autour d’un objectif: engager un débat sur les enjeux et les défis du cyberespace dans son rapport avec les langues.
- 04 September 2009 — Cybervolunteering and Innovative Educational ICT Initiative
The aim of the workshop is to facilitate exchange around concrete ICT initiatives presented by young people from around the world.
- 01 - 02 July 2009 — First Global Ethics Forum
The first edition of the Global Ethics Forum was held at the Palais des Nations of the United Nations in Geneva on July 2nd & 3rd, 2009.
- 23 - 24 June 2009 — 2nd Annual Meeting of the Global Humanitarian Forum
Personally chaired by Kofi Annan, the 2009 Forum is the second edition of the Global Humanitarian Forum’s annual center piece event.
- 19 - 21 June 2009 — FÃªte de la musique 2009
The FÃªte de la Musique is a major event in Geneva's social life and allows the Genevan to meet.
- 18 - 20 June 2009 — WIDE Annual Conference 2009
Care is a universal feature among all human beings and the way it is organized in the society is decisive for the given society.
- 16 - 20 June 2009 — Practical application of economic, social and cultural rights
An exciting, international workshop is being held in India on 16 to 20 June 2009 and trilingual interpreters are required for the event.
- 25 - 29 May 2009 — 2009 Carbon Expo
2009 is an important year for the Climate Change negotiations when governments will seek to come to an agreement in Copenhagen on the future framework for climate change.
- 18 - 21 May 2009 — 8th International Security Forum
At the beginning of the 21st century, the international security agenda is witnessing profound change.
- 16 - 17 April 2009 — Asia@home: Volunteer Computing
Taipei, Taiwan (Republic of China)
Volunteer computing is an established technology that enables ordinary citizens around the globe to contribute to important challenges in fundamental science and medicine, by providing idle time on their PCs and even partaking in data analysis via the Internet.
- 30 - 31 March 2009 — Kenya National Dialogue and Reconciliation
The Kofi Annan Foundation hosted 'The Kenya National Dialogue and Reconciliation: One Year Later'.
- 19 - 21 March 2009 — Global Issues Network Conference
Le Global Issue Network (GIN) a pour mission de faire prendre conscience aux étudiants de leur potentiel commun et de les encourager à travailler avec leurs homologues internationaux afin de développer des solutions autour de problèmes globaux.
- 05 March 2009 — Swiss Philanthropy Forum
The philanthropic world currently finds itself in the midst of huge growth and structural shift.
- 01 March - 31 May 2009 — Calvin and his influence, 1509-2009
The major academic event of the "Calvin year" 2009 in Geneva, the conference "Calvin and his influence, 1509-2009" which will be held between 24-27th of May, will attempt to take the full measure of John Calvin's historical influence across the generations and around the world, from his lifetime until today.
- 25 - 27 February 2009 — LIFT09
LIFT is a series of events built around a community of doers and thinkers who get together in Europe and Asia to explore the social impact of new technologies.
- 25 - 27 February 2009 — HURIDOCS
The purpose of the 2009 HURIDOCS Conference, Human Rights Council and International Criminal Court: The New Challenges for Human Rights Communications is to reflect upon how information about human rights can be communicated more effectively by NGOs to institutions such as the Human Rights Council (HRC) and the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- 08 January 2009 — Training of community interpreters
ICVolunteers is looking for voluntary french-speaking community interpreters, in the context of its Languages and Migration project, designed to provide linguistic support to the immigrant community in Geneva.