- 08 - 09 December 2008 — 6th Conference of the European Charter for Human Rights in the City
Organised by the City of Geneva, the 6th Conference of the European Charter for Human Rights in the City will take place in the International Conference Center of Geneva (CICG).
- 01 - 03 December 2008 — International Commission of Jurists: World Congress 2008
On 2 and 3 December 2008, the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) will hold its World Congress in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 28 - 30 November 2008 — Fair: Humanitarian & Solidarity Professions
On 28-30th of November 2008, Annemasse will host the First Fair on Humanitarian and Solidarity Professions ever organised in France.
- 25 - 27 November 2008 — Fight against Landmines
With two months remaining until the international treaty banning cluster bombs is opened for signature in Norway at the beginning of December, civil society representatives are calling on all States to announce their intent to sign.
- 24 November 2008 — ICV Info Session
ICVolunteers involves volunteers from many backgrounds and coming from some 100 countries.
- 21 November 2008 — Over 1325 Billion Arguments for Human Security
The main goal of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is to bring together women of different political beliefs and philosophies who are united in their determination to study, make known and help abolish the causes and legitimization of war.
- 20 - 22 November 2008 — First International Forum on Violence against Women
In the conclusions of the III Forum on Violence against Women 2007, there was the firm proposal that in the IV edition of the Forum, there should be a space for putting in common efforts to fight for awareness raising and the eradication of violence against the women in all of Spain and more broadly speaking in Europe.
- 15 November 2008 — The charity, the Ethiopian food Appeal, will hold its annual bazaar at Awash Restaurant
Today, children still die of hunger in Ethiopia.
- 30 October 2008 — Casa Alianza: Charity Evening
This year the event will be held in the Center of Contemporary Art in Geneva in the Plainpalais district on Thursday, 30 October 2008.
- 01 - 02 October 2008 — Microfinance International Symposium
The International Symposium organized by the World Microfinance Forum Geneva will be focusing on the topic of "Building Fair Financial Markets for All".
- 23 - 25 September 2008 — Human Rights Defenders Training
Front Line was founded in Dublin in 2001 with the specific aim of protecting human rights defenders at risk, people who work, non-violently, for any or all of the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- 19 September 2008 — Peace and Sustainable Development
At the occasion of the World Peace Day, Earth Focus, in partnership with GenevaWorld and ICVolunteers, is organizing a youth debate at the International Conference Centre of Geneva (ICCG).
- 19 - 21 September 2008 — World Peace Day: Concerts
A l'occasion de la Journée Mondiale de la Paix, GenevaWorld, organisation à but non lucratif basée à Genève, organise des concerts gratuits au Parc des Bastions.
- 10 - 13 September 2008 — 2nd World Knowledge Dialogue
The World Knowledge Dialogue Symposium is a biennial event involving 300 top researchers and policy makers from all over the globe.
- 10 September 2008 — Global Philanthropy
The world of philanthropy is experiencing profound changes.
- 07 September 2008 — Forum of Associations
Do you live in the Ferney or Gex area? Are you interested in the local activities in your region? Then you should not miss the Forum des Associations held in Ferney-Voltaire on Sunday 7 September!.
- 27 - 31 August 2008 — World Cancer Congress
Every two years, the International Union Against Cancer (UICC) World Cancer Congress brings together the world's leaders in the fight to control cancer.
- 15 - 23 August 2008 — 7th General Assembly of the World Blind Union
The General Assembly of the World Blind Union (WBU) is held every four years.
- 03 - 08 August 2008 — AIDS 2008
Mexico City, Mexico
The very first International AIDS Conference was held back in 1985 in Atlanta, United States of America.
- 01 August - 20 September 2008 — ICV-France: join the team
Currently at the beginning stages of its activities, the newly-established ICVolunteers-France is looking to reinforce its team.
- 11 July 2008 — Inauguration of new office space of ICVolunteers-Barcelona
Over a year has passed since ICVolunteers-Barcelona started its first programs and activities with success.
- 24 - 25 June 2008 — 2008 Annual Meeting of the Global Humanitarian Forum
The Forum is organizing its first Annual Meeting 2008: the Human Face of Climate change.
- 20 - 22 June 2008 — Geneva Music Festival
This year, the 18th annual Geneva Music Festival will take place June 20th through 22th, 2008.
- 12 June - 15 August 2008 — Children's views of child labour
Geneva, New York, United States
"The challenge for the children, draw the world as you see it.
- 28 May 2008 — IBM Solidarity Week
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
On 28 May 2008, ICVolunteers-Brazil participated in the Week of Solidarity organized by IBM, in Rio de Janeiro.
- 25 - 27 May 2008 — 2nd Geneva Health Forum
It is my aspiration that health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for.
- 14 - 16 May 2008 — Red Cross: Health and Care Forum 2008
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is focusing on its growing role of bringing global health initiatives to local community level through its network of volunteers across the world.
- 17 April 2008 — The Future of Human Right Debate and the Environment
For the 60th anniversary of The Universal Declaration on Human Rights, Earth Focus Foundation and ICVolunteers are joining the University of California Berkeley (UCB) to organise a Round Table and Youth Debate on how to improve the Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
- 17 - 18 April 2008 — Bridging the Gap Conference
ICVolunteers-Barcelona took part in the conference "Bridging the Gap", organized by the association FACEPA (Federation of Adult Education Centres and Associations in Catalonia), in collaboration with Agora (School of Adult People of Verneda - St.
- 16 - 18 April 2008 — Handicap International: Diabetes Competence
Managing the programmes that Handicap International is developing on diabetes in 8 countries necessitates the organisation of regular workshops, bringing together both internal (local and/or expatriate personnel) and external participants (partner networks, consultants.
- 15 April 2008 — Debate on Animal Conservation: Setting Priorities
IUCN-The World Conservation Union (www.
- 06 April 2008 — CERN: JournÃ©e portes ouvertes 2008
Le LHC, plus grand accélérateur de particules du monde est à 100 mètres sous vos pieds.
- 06 March 2008 - 30 November -1 — World Network for Linguistic Diversity
Maaya -- the World Network for Linguistic Diversity -- is a multilateral network created to contribute to the enhancement and promotion of linguistic diversity in the world.
- 10 February - 12 April 2008 — Development studies: internship opportunity in interpretation
ICVolunteers offers internship opportunities in an university environment in the context of the International Master of Advanced Studies (IMAS) in development.
- 01 - 03 February 2008 — First European Fair Trade Fair
Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
The first ever European Fair Trade is an initiative lead by Equi'Sol and partners which aims at helping Fair Trade supply chains and promote Fair Trade at the European level.
- 29 - 30 January 2008 — International Aid & Trade 2008
Once again the international humanitarian community will come together at the 2008 International Aid + Trade Event to network and to improve coordination and communication, sharing knowledge and experience to increase the effectiveness of aid, response and humanitarian relief.
- 12 - 18 January 2008 — 11th International Colloquium on Voluntary, Non-Remunerated Blood Donors
This 11th International Colloquium on the Recruitment of Voluntary, Non-Remunerated Blood Donors (Cairo, Egypt, 12-18 January 2008) is cosponsored by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean, and is hosted by the Egyptian Red Crescent.